Monday, December 1, 2014

Passion excites EVERYTHING?!.....

Hey ya'll,
I'm finding more and more that certain books are not holding my attention. Therefore, it leaves me with the unwillingness to finish the book I have started. I wondered how could I get so tired of a book without knowing the full story.

I believe the reasons I had for not finishing a book had more to do with the writers passion within their own story versus their plots. I don't get mad at plot lines to a novel because it shows me just how creative the author is from beginning to end.  However, what I don't appreciate is reading the book of an author who you can tell through the character interactions and descriptions that they didn't have any passion when writing their story.

As a reader I expect to be transported into the world of the author not struggling to piece the elements of their story together. One book that I found to be very descriptive and well rounded was Maggie Stiefvater's book titled, Shiver.


This book gave me hope that not all books are as bad as the ones I had been reading lately. Stiefvater truly has created a compelling masterpiece that I have enjoyed from start to finish.

If you know some descriptive books feel free to comment below which ones you have read. Also, what's your favorite book? Why? Description for Maggie Stievater's novel will follow below:

From a dazzlingly talented young writer, a haunting and original supernatural romance in the vein of TWILIGHT.
For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.
Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment