Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Eye Candy... More like Arm Candy ;)

Hey ya'll,
So I don't know about you guys, but I was glued to my television last night as the MTV show Eye Candy premiered. It was incredible! Some how a plot all about a crazy stalker and a hacker who knows no grounds is a treasure trove of infinite directions for an author who never rests. As a writer I just couldn't help myself and kept thinking of all these different ways the story-line could possibly go. However, considering Eye Candy was based on the books of the same name by R.L. Stine I knew this show wouldn't disappoint.


R.L. Stine is known for many critically acclaimed books including Mostly Ghostly and Goosebumps. As we all know Stine is known a lot for his borderline schizophrenic characters that can make you question reality. Stine is a horror master for teens who seek a scary tale that will leave you petrified with fear even after you're done with his book and sure enough we saw the same with Eye Candy last night.

Eye Candy is all about a hacker by the name of Lindy Sampson (played by Victoria Justice) who begins online dating for the first time and finds herself being hunted by a mysterious and deadly stalker. Last night, I was on edge as Lindy (Spoiler) comes to the consensus that she is not as secure as she thinks she is.



What I love about this show is that you can definitely tell R.L.Stine had something to do with it! Before I even knew this show was based on his books I was captivated by the story. It was through the characters and the stalker mainly that I was able to see this eerie creepiness that resembled what R.L.Stine puts in his books.

MTV in my opinion hit all the marks with this show! I can't wait to watch more :) This is something for friends, book clubs, and couples to watch together. The show is a dose of fun, mystery, and fear. You won't find anything else quite like it. Also, with a male cast as hot as theirs my eyes barely blinked <3 They truly picked male stars who could heat up the TV screen in a big way.

Comment below if you have any questions or if you want to tell me what you thought about the show! Are you an R.L. Stine fan Then comment below what's your favorite book of his. Be sure to check below to see which books I am reviewing currently <3 Until next time :* #AuthorKMJ @AuthorKMJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment