Friday, March 20, 2015

Author Spotlight #4 Melissa Montavon

Hey ya'll,
So I had the amazing opportunity to Author Spotlight the incredible Melissa Montavon. Just like the rest of us she has had to overcome obstacles in her life. Take a look as she tells us a little bit about herself and her new novel, When The Lights Go Out My Innocence Is Lost.


Why do you like to write?

-I've always liked to write, even as a child. During my elementary days at the Catholic School I attended, I participated in the Young Authors program for at least three years and I still have all three books from it. I believe writing is one of the best ways to convey your feelings and emotions. I've always written poetry. Free verse is my favorite, I just let my thoughts and emotions flow. It's a stress reliever for me.


Why did you become an author?

-The main reason I became an author was to tell my story of surviving child sexual abuse, stalking, domestic violence and rapes. To be so vulnerable with my story and at the same time have the strength and the ability to overcome those horrendous acts even though there were many obstacles during my journey. I was able to survive and I survived for a reason. I took all that negative and made it into a positive and I choose to help others with my past.


What makes you different from the rest?

-I really can't say that I feel that anything in particular makes me different from the rest of the authors per se. I have ambition, goals and the immense sense of duty to tell my story in hopes to reach other victims to relate with them so they know they are not alone and they do have support. I also want to raise awareness of the situation of abuse, mainly child sexual abuse, since this is something that not many wish to speak about because it is a difficult subject to even imagine happening. However, it does. Every 10 seconds a child is abused, raped or killed in the U.S. These numbers are highly unacceptable. I write with passion, but I cannot say that not all authors are the same. So I don't put myself in a class different from the rest.




Biography

Melissa A. Montavon was raised in born and raised in Ohio. She was abandoned by her biological parents and was placed in a number of foster homes. She was adopted at the age of four along with one of her biological siblings. She has endured many traumatic experiences in life but survived those including bouts of depression as well as adventures down the wrong paths in life. She not only survived but she has thrived so that she can share her story in the hopes to inspire others and offer unprofessional advice and support to whomever seeks her out for it. She is the proud mother of three children, two dogs and a supportive wife. She has the love and support of her family constantly and is shown constant support from friends on social media. She has currently finished her first book which is where all her passion lies titled "When the Lights Go Out My Innocence is Lost', but she also is working on a book of poetry that she is collaborating with her daughter and wife on as well as a book of fiction. Melissa is an artist in all aspects; she can sketch, draw and paint on canvas as well as ceramics. She enjoys crafts and recently taught herself how to knit.


My Novel:


When the Lights Go Out My Innocence is Lost 

Abandoned by her birth family, bounced around in foster homes, eventually adopted and sexually abused by her adoptive father are just the beginning of a number of traumatic events in this remarkable rue story of a girl who, in time, was able to overcome each obstacle, each setback, every struggle and traumatic event that life put in her path. Throughout the pandemonium in her life, she proves victorious. Through the multitude of struggles from domestic violence, stalking and rapes, she eventually makes sense of the cards she was dealt. By sharing her story she hopes to not only help herself but help others who hold a similar hand in this deck of life. For those loved ones of the many unfortunate victims, she hopes to offer a glimpse into the life of the victim. This story based on true events is a must read, heart pounding, tear-jerking memoir about terrifying abuse that took the innocence of a young girl that will keep you intrigued to the very end.

Contact Montavon via:

https://www.facebook.com/WhenTheLightsGoOutMyInnocenceIsLost

whenlightsgoout@hotmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment