Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Must Read of 2015!!!!

Hey ya'll,
So I have been overwhelmed by how many books have been published this July. One book that has completely taken my breath away is by an author who is one of my favorites which would be Harper Lee. 



As most of us know Harper Lee wrote the iconic fictional novel, To Kill A Mockingbird which is a story about a man named Atticus Finch as he represents a black man who is being charged for the rape of a young white woman during the 1930's in the deep south through the eyes of his two children Jem and Scout Finch.

Being given the chance to read To Kill A Mockingbird in high school was one of the best opportunities I could have had. I feel Lee's novel showed us racism up front and taught us valuable realistic lessons about the justice system and human morale. This is definitely a novel worth the read and I would also recommend watching the movie after you have read the novel to see the emotion held within this book more visually.

This novel is absolutely eye-opening!


Which is why I was so happy when it was announced that Lee would continue the series at the age of 89 with the second novel in the series Go Set A Watchman which insiders are stating was created before #TKAMB.

Make sure you get this novel on pre-order now by clicking one of the links above because this is sure to be another hit!

Have you read To Kill A Mockingbird? What did you think? Did you catch the movie instead? Tell me, I'm all ears! Until Next Time ;)

Check out my last story: Bloggers That Lie Like Authors?!

No comments:

Post a Comment