Thursday, February 11, 2016

Book Review #21: Swab by Heather Choate

Hey ya'll,
So I just finished reading the novel Swab by Heather Choate and it was amazing!


First off, Choate is truly a gifted writer! I loved every moment of Swab and being part of Cat's world as she tries to find a lost love and navigate through an earthly world overwhelmed by Scarb.

The highlight of this novel besides Choate's clever plot would have to be Derrick. I felt like he was the underdog of this story. Though Choate introduced him in the beginning briefly, when he first appeared in the novel speaking with Cat, I feel his presence throughout the novel was essential to allowing the readers to see a different side of Cat.

I enjoyed the action and suspense as well. There were so many battles fought throughout this novel and they were all written so beautifully that I felt like I wasn't reading, but rather imagining everything as I went along with this story. Choate I feel did a great job by making this novel in first-person because it allowed me to understand the main character, Cat, a lot better through her interactions with others.

Also, Swab is very well-balanced. I loved how the characters had such strong emotions and how everyone had their own individual personality. A lot of times characters that authors create might seem alike and I just loved how Choate's characters were uniquely different from one another.

In addition, I binge-read this book for about four days straight! Swab is just that awesome. I haven't been more proud of a novel than I am right now. I can definitely see this becoming something bigger in the future like a new television series for either MTV or the CW.

My favorite character is actually everyone in this story that is mentioned including the flat characters like Gray. Although Choate didn't heavily describe each character I thought that was a brilliant decision that she made because as a reader I got to visualize these characters on my own and her details added to my fulfillment of being entertained by this novel.

I wish my scale could rank higher, but sadly it doesn't. Swab has definitely raised the bar for future novels that I may decide to read someday. I can't wait to get my hands on the next installment of this series.

Rank: *****

Have you ever read this novel? Did you love it as much as I did? Or did it fall short? Who was your favorite character? Tell me, I want to hear what you have to say! 
Until Next Time ;*

To Purchase click on the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment