Friday, February 13, 2015

Book Review #3: Nightmare Academy Series by Frank Peretti

Hey ya'll,
So one book that captivated me from start to finish would have to be Nightmare Academy by Frank Peretti. I loved how well executed his novel was. Peretti brought me action, adventure, and mystery all at once which is sometimes not an easy task for authors due to them not being skillful at writing their books that way.

I really enjoyed the bonding relationship between Elijah Springfield and his twin sister Elisha. It really allowed me to think on my own relationship with my brother because though he is only six years old he's proving to be very protective and opinionated when it comes to my life. Though he is a child I see that he is shaping up to be a well-rounded young man. And that's what I saw from Elijah!



One scene that I marveled at reading was when Elijah and his sister Elisha were going to shelters to find a way into Knight-Moore Academy. It really touched me and provided very realistic qualities to Elijah by showing how protective he was of his sister.

Peretti continuously shows the reader how much these siblings care about each other when they are eventually placed at Knight- Moore Academy which is a "home" for "misplaced children".

At Knight-Moore Academy students have no sense of guidance. No one can be at fault due to the understandings of this or that statements. Though someone may do something that we may deem wrong in the real world. It is at Knight- Moore Academy that you find good and bad no longer exist when actions are just downplayed as actions. Whether you steal, fight, or vandalize the objects of others it's not until you disrupt the experiment of those watching that the authoritarian there decide to do something about what has happened.

As teenage spies Elijah and Elisha strive to make friends, but are met with many more enemies. Peretti gives insight into the human rational that I don't believe the schools of psychology and sociology have come yet to grasp. He causes you to think further into your decisions which I believe could lead into making you a better individual.

In my opinion Peretti has created a defining, mind-blowing novel for the 21st century. Nightmare Academy makes you look deeper into your psychosis by way of a story. I loved everything about this novel and I can't wait to see what else he has in store.

Rating: *****

Comment below if you love novels by Frank Peretti! Did you feel the same way when you read his novel? Or have you ever ran across a novel as inception like as this? Let me know :) I can't wait to hear from you. Until Next Time!!!!! :*

Amazon: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nightmare-academy-frank-e-peretti/1103452713?ean=9781418534790

No comments:

Post a Comment