Sunday, September 20, 2015

Book Review #15: Born of Treasure by Jordan Elizabeth

Hey ya'll,
So I just finished reading this heart-pounding novel called, Born of Treasure by Jordan Elizabeth and I was taken on the most intense adventure of my entire life.


Can I just say wow?! I loved this novel. Everyone is on the hunt for the man who took the magical absinthe that allows people to bring the dead back to life. This is the second installment of  the Treasure Chronicles and it has most definitely lived up to my high expectations despite one of my favorite characters Daniel not making an appearance. 

What I particularly enjoyed about this novel is getting a chance to see more of Amethyst. In Born of Treasure you get a chance to see this very privileged and irresponsible young woman turn into this brave heroine that makes all of us proud in the end, but what I like is that though she is a heroine in this installment you could see Amethyst retain her inappropriate yet charming personality.

And a lot of times I find that when reading the sequel to a novel that the author is not able to show a transitioned character that has an immense growth, but is still able to be individually unique to the audience. I give props to Elizabeth for being able to pull this off in such an incredible way that the reader doesn't feel like they have read a completely different series.

Another character I took liking to though he is a villain would have to be Captain Greenwood. This is the first villain I have seen that understands what persistence is and decides to implement that in his ever surging frustration to obtain the Treasure family. I enjoyed how in control he seemed. Captain Greenwood is ruthless and very bodacious in his plans of attack to "help" out his country. I won't spoil anything, but he definitely kept pushing me to read on.

Also, on a final note Mabel has finally made a full entrance into this series. I believe it's going to be very interesting to watch her and see how she reacts with this "new" Clark.  I feel like she's stuck in this fantasy that he is exactly how she left him as a child due to trauma caused by being Captain Greenwood's slave. And I wonder how Amethyst is going to be able to deal with this elementary crush. Will Amethyst be offended? Or will she be understanding of Mabel's psychological attachments? Who knows?

Rating: *****


Have you read this novel? Tell me, what did you think about this story?!
I can't wait to hear what you have to say :)
Until Next Time ;*


Link to purchase:  Born of Treasure

See my latest post: Forever Since an Apple

My latest release: Laws of Passion






No comments:

Post a Comment