Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Shadowhunters Review?!

Hey ya'll,
So as you know Freeform, formerly known as ABC Family, has brought back the box office miss The Mortal Instruments, now under the new name Shadowhunters, to become a new headlining television show for their network.

 

I remember the day that I got my hands on The Mortal Instruments (City of Bones) novel by Cassandra Clare. During the time like any teenager finals came up and sadly I did not get a chance to finish this amazing series. However, I do remember a lot from what I did read and I enjoyed how much Freeform has stuck to Clare's original concepts for her break-out series.

First off, I have to say that I love this series! The same love that I had for the original film and books has transcended to this show. I believe that Katherine McNamara who plays Clary Fray is doing an awesome job picking up the torch from actress Lily Collins. Once this show has gone half way through the season I am sure she will be fully settled into this role and will truly make it her own.

As far as creativity goes I feel that for this to be a television show it really is truly imaginative with its graphics of this unforeseen world hidden from the mundane. I love how Shadowhunters is edgier and has this dark element to it that is both alluring and frightening in a good way.

I am definitely craving to see more of Harry Shum Jr. as Magnus Bane. It is going to be so interesting to see his character finally come forward in future episodes.

Overall this show has some growing to do and I implore all Cassandra Clare fans to give this series a shot on Freeform! I love it and I know that you will too. Be sure to catch it on Freeform every Tuesday so that we can gush about it together!
 
Have you seen the Shadowhunters series? Have you read the books? Tell me, I want to hear what you have to say!
Until Next Time ;*
 
*I own no rights to the image above. See disclaimer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment