Monday, November 9, 2015

Book Review #18: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Hey ya'll,
So I had the opportunity to read the novel Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk and it was one of the most mind-altering novels I have read today!


So first off one thing about this novel that I hoped would happen is that our narrator would finally reveal his name. I felt like I needed to call him by something which sort of drove me to read this novel as fast as I did. Throughout this novel you get to see the nameless narrator's life with the captivating Tyler Durden and the quirky Marla Singer.

As our narrator begins spending time with Tyler together they are able to cultivate an underground club which is a place for men to be men called.... Fight Club! A place where anything goes and only men who are slaves to a higher power are able to attend.

Now being in fight club there are of course a couple of rules and my favorite rule happens to be both rules one and two: You don't talk about fight club!

I loved Fight Club because it stressed this brotherhood through the eyes of this man ridden with insomnia who suffers from some type of mental disorder. I enjoyed seeing how this man who we obviously can tell was out of his mind was able to create this almost "secret" society through a program he facilitated out of fight club called Project Mayhem.

Now I don't want to give too much away so I will just say this. Fight Club was an awesome novel. Palahniuk took my mind to another place that was both crazy and humorous at the same time. Tyler Durden is my favorite character! I enjoyed how outspoken and headstrong he is which made me enjoy seeing his character because it complimented our shy narrator.

I am fortunate enough to have read both the novel and have been able to watch the movie as well! I can tell you that I wasn't disappointed with either. Even with the movie missing a few details this was a rare occasion for me to read a novel and watch the movie of a novel and still be in love with both. Palahniuk is truly gifted!

Rating: *****




No comments:

Post a Comment