Monday, December 14, 2015

10 Books Your Teen Should Have This Christmas?!

Hey ya'll,
So Christmas is right around the corner and if you are like me then you must still have tons of shopping left to do. And something that I most definitely like to purchase during these winter months are books! For the past ten days as I braved through my college finals I was able to narrow down my search of hundreds of books to only ten that are must-haves for this holiday season.



Synopsis

The remnants of the United States of America have been divided. From five enormous, technologically-advanced cities, the Greaters rule over the Lessers. 
In the Lesser village of Orchard, things are not as perfect as Abby Kelley thinks they are. When the apple harvest draws near and the Greater’s engineered fruits become too much for one village to handle alone, reinforcements from neighboring villages are called upon. 
Having to choose between her best friend, whom she has no romantic feelings for, and mysterious newcomer Crew, Abby finds herself in the middle of a harvest that she had no intention of becoming a part of. She becomes involved in a situation that threatens the strict rule of the Greaters, and just might give the Lessers hope for a better tomorrow. But, can she help the Lessers without losing Crew? And if she chooses Crew, will she lose her best friend?

My Opinion
Author Casey L. Bond never ceases to amaze me with her artistry when it comes to her writing and developing a new spin on what seems to be an age old story being passed around throughout time of teen heartbreak. If you are a person that loves the Divergent series then this novel is right for you!


#2. Driven To Kill by Chris Ward


Synopsis

There is mayhem and murder committed by two young thugs in the local areas of Epsom and Leatherhead. Foster and her sidekick Mick Hill, are chasing shadows as the thugs are not only ruthless, but extremely clever. 
An adult story full of suspense, spectacular action, violence, passion, intrigue and tears.

My Opinion
I have alway been a huge fan of the mystery genre. I love the works of Stephen King and even James Patterson. I feel they are wonderful writers. I also believe that Author Chris Ward is an amazing writer as well. Ward captures crime in a wonderfully suspenseful manner. If you want your mind to get to work then this is definitely a novel you should check out!


#3. Eluding Illusions by Wren Michaels


Synopsis
Emma Banciu dreams about her novels taking on a life of their own. Thanks to a centuries old Gypsy curse, they tend to do just that. Writing with pen and paper she brings things to life, and hell hath no fury like an antagonist scorned. Now she's on the run from Kyrin, an evil demon warlord who surfaced from one of her first manuscripts. And the only way to get rid of him is to destroy the manuscript.

My Opinion
I have read a few books by Author Wren Michaels and I have yet to be disappointed by anything she creates. This novel is kind of like the newly released Goosebumps movie except I find that this will appeal more to adults instead of children because of the context of this novel.

#4. Forever Since An Apple by Ken Welsch


Synopsis

Reality TV stardom. Garage band dreams. Through the lens of his camera, news photographer Daniel Evart sees a world in which opportunities are evident and success is clearly defined. If only life was that simple. Set on a fictional college campus in rural northwestern Michigan, "Forever Since An Apple" tells the story of how Daniel struggles with early-adulthood confusion and learns to define his own measure of success.

My Opinion

This a great coming of age tale about a young adult coming into his own. If you love John Green then you will most definitely love Welsch's novel. This is a must-read for all.

#5. The Reluctant Sacrifice by Kerr-Ann Dempster



Synopsis

Centuries ago, sibling rivalry tore Aramith apart. As punishment, the losers were stripped of their immortal birthright and banished to Earth. There, they wasted away from old age and diseases. However, there is hope… If a Shaw child, born on the 12th day of the 12th month offers her soul in a public sacrifice, then the exiles will be forgiven and welcomed home to Aramith. Aubrey Shaw is that child, but dying for the exiles is not on her to-do list. Using her gift as a Jumper, Aubrey leaps between bodies to escape relentless shape-shifting hunters.

My Opinion

I loved this novel and I am desperate to get my hands on the next installment of this novel. There is so much action occurring non-stop that will keep you glued to the pages! Make sure you check this book out. It surpassed my expectations.

#6. Chasing Memories by Ellie Wade


Synopsis

What if you found him, the one who was put on this earth for you? He was your perfect partner, your soul mate. Your life with him was more than you could have ever hoped for. The two of you created an amazing family full of so much love.
I did. And it was everything.
Then, one day, I woke up, and he was gone. They were all gone.
I can’t accept it. I’m stuck in a reality that isn’t mine, aching for the life I lost, one that made up the very fabric of my soul.

My Opinion

What I love about the winter time is that you have all these interesting love stories being told that just melt your heart! And this novel is something that is so intriguing that it will keep you highly entertained and in the "loving" spirits this Christmas...at least for a little while.

#7. 97 (The Rise of the Battle Bred Trilogy) by V.L. Holt


Synopsis

Jane Burrows is the girl next door, well actually, five doors down from the new kid. She’s happy with her life: she’s got One True Friend, a set of wheels, and the best job ever, newspaper delivery girl! She’s not even super annoyed when William McLeod starts following her around like a puppy dog. He’s hot, after all. Except, what’s with the spooky overprotective thing? What’s with his stern opinions on ancient warfare? What’s with his evasive answers to the most simple questions? Just...what’s with William? If Jane’s honest with herself, she wants it to be her! William’s living on borrowed time.

My Opinion

I don't know about you guy's, but I am always in the mood for a story on the magical side. If you are looking f enchanting Christmas wit magical mystery to solve then this novel is for you! Join Jane as she finds out who she is within.
#8. The Dimension Thieves by Misty Provencher



Synopsis

Antythera is the new Earth.Why?
Because that’s what President Baro, ruler of the planet, wants to call it. And if you don’t agree, the President will have you Droned.
The world has become a much smaller place since the lower and middle classes have been converted to mindless servants.  Free will, granted only to the elite, is in jeopardy of complete extinction.  
But Force Steele, son to one of the President’s highest ranking advisors, can’t live under the thumb of his controlling father, or the President, any longer. Force has dedicated himself to eradicating Droning, but when the President orders the Antidote Gear destroyed—the part of the machine that could free the drones by reversing the program that controls them—all is lost. Lacking necessary materials, there is literally no way in Force’s world to replace the one-of-a-kind gear.

My Opinion

This book has been at the top of my TBR list for too long! I am so sad to say that I was in the same room with Misty Provencher and I did not get a chance to meet her, but hopefully in the near future I will get to see her again sometime! #SheRocks #Inspired Be sure to check this book out so we can fangirl about it together.


#9. Saved By Her by Michelle Horst


Synopsis

Jack

I F**K.
That’s all I do, all I’m good for.
People pay thousands just to have a taste of me.
It’s the only life I’ve ever known.
…until her.

River

I work.
That’s all I do, it’s my safe zone.
I get paid well because I’m good at my job.
It’s the only place I feel in control.
…until him.

My Opinion

I do not recommend this book ro anyone under the age of 18. I love this novel because it reminds me of Simone Elkes novel Perfect Chemistry. As I stated before I love a good love story and this is just what I need to keep me entwined this Winter.

#10. Laws of Passion by Author KMJ


Synopsis

Laws of Passion is a novel that follows the life of a teenage girl named Audrey Kennedy as she mourns the death of her father and unknowingly becomes captivated by a supernatural creature who happens to have a vendetta against her family. Will she find out the truth? Or will she suffer the consequences from the sins of her family? Read it to find out more.

My Opinion

This is the first young adult novel that I have ever published. Please check it out if you are looking for a love story wrapped in so many layers of mystery which will cause you to question who to trust. Laws of Passion is the ultimate puzzle.
The question is will you be able to put the pieces together?









No comments:

Post a Comment