Saturday, September 5, 2015

Book Review #14: Forever Since an Apple by Ken Welsch

Hey ya'll,
So I had the awesome opportunity to review the novel, Forever Since an Apple by Ken Welsch and it was such a fantastic story!



So I have read my fair share of books and this novel by far has been one of the greatest reads that I have ever picked up! What I really loved about this novel is that I felt like I was actually talking to the main character Daniel. 

Only a handful of books have made me feel this way including the novels, A Separate Peace by John Knowles and October Sky by Homer Hickam. There was something about the way that Welsch had wrote Daniel and his friend Eb that they made me feel included. It was almost as if I were reading Daniels private journal a place in which he divulged details about the spotlight now shown on the fictional town of Wanishing, Michigan and how it has had a positive yet, negative effect on his life.

The character that I thought was such an absolute sweetheart would have to be Sidney. I enjoyed seeing her relationship with Daniel and how even though they never said I love you they both knew deep down that they had each other's hearts. In addition to that I would have loved to see more of Darren as well. I'm not going to spoil anything but I do hope that he makes it into the next novel even if it's just for an appearance.

What I especially liked was the cleverness behind the title of Welsch's novel. I still find myself repeating the poem over and over again trying to find the deeper meaning behind the novel's name. This is a story that I can read a thousand times over again and I would never get tired of reading it. This novel is sure to become a classic literature piece for generations to come.

Overall...

Rating: *****

P.S. I love the cover! Welsch created the cover all on his own and I feel it suited his novel very well!

Have you read this novel? Tell me, what did you think about this story?!
I can't wait to hear what you have to say :)
Until Next Time ;*
Link to purchase: Forever Since an Apple
See my latest post: The Reluctant Sacrifice Review
My latest release: Laws of Passion




No comments:

Post a Comment