Saturday, January 10, 2015

Books are making TV shows look fraudulent?

Hey ya'll,
So I ran across this article that told secrets about the CW hit TV show, The Vampire Diaries. I have been a long time fan of the television series since it debuted back in 2009. Also, due to how much I enjoy this show I have grown fond of watching its spin-off series, The Originals.





As I have watched this show it has had some incredibly good and bad moments. I feel as if their are times when the show writers are able to create a great episode, but then they get lost and it seems like they make up stuff just to compensate for not having any ideas on what to do next.

Immediately, I was hooked on the show ten minutes into the first episode! As I got four seasons in that is when everything started changing. I always feel like it's a good thing for a writer to push the boundaries on their character, but I felt like they may have rushed that just a bit. However, this should have been expected when (Spoiler) Vicki Donovan was killed just a few episodes in. That was when I should have known how flexible they were with exercising their "right" to kill off a character and push them a little bit.

If you are an up to date watcher of The Vampire Diaries (TVD) you will see that the plots seem very thrown together and over extended. However, now there is some stability. I wonder if the rushed plots may be a result from the show creators deciding not to follow the books as closely as they should have.

I feel that from what the books say and what the show says about all the characters is very confusing. It's almost as if they're acting as parallel worlds to what the actual story is.

One of the secrets told by Vampires.com is that my absolute favorite character Bonnie Bennett (Played by Kat Graham) did not exist in the books. I know what you're thinking 'why haven't you read the books yet?'. Well, when you have a thousand things going on it makes it really hard to find time to do the things you love. Also, I didn't even know this series was based on a book until the second season was over and everyone around me had TVD fever, but all jokes aside that was the most shocking.

The second thing that had me speechless was how Elena Gilbert (Played by Nina Dobrev) in the tv show is actually mean in the books and is almost exactly like Katherine Pierce. That kind of wowed me because Elena in the tv show seems so timid and for a different perspective to be placed on her it's mindblowing.

However, unlike most fans I did not mind the fact that her hair in the show was brunette instead of blonde. I feel if the writers wanted they could change her hair at any time without an issue.

Overall, TVD is a decent show that has many ups and downs, but when it does have a good episode its worth it to watch!

Comment below if you have any questions! let me know how you feel or if you have watched similar situations occur with your favorite TV shows :) Until next time :*

Here is the link to view more differences between TVD in print and on-screen : http://www.vampires.com/10-differences-between-the-vampire-diaries-books-show/

No comments:

Post a Comment